Extract from the statutes of AVREF
The objective of this Association is to warn, inform, help and comfort individuals, victims, direct or indirect, of sectarian drifts within communities or movements/cults, of philosophical or religious movements, notably Roman Catholic. For this purpose:
- we will listen, advise, and give our support to any individual who may be concerned by the health deterioration or who may appear to be a victim of mind manipulation.
- we are available to speak with individuals (and/or families/friends) who may be considering entering a movement or community.
- we promote exchange between families and their members, who are confronted with an alteration or breakdown of relationship with a loved one.
- we are available to any organisation who would like information on the phenomena of sectarian influence or sectarian drift.
- we reflect on the extent of the phenomena of drift observed and their consequences on the basis of the collection of the testimonies received.
- It establishes a link of support between the members and any individual interested, through open speech groups, an information letter or any other means of communication.
- We alert the administrative authorities, state and ecclesiastical, and, if applicable, the media, regarding the abuse of authority, or attacks on the dignity of the human person or his/her fundamental rights.
- We maintain contact and coordinate activity with associations and movements with similar objectives, both in France and abroad.
- We undertake any action which might appear useful for the realization of our objectives.